This special challenge class, a 6 week program, is the prefect way to jump start your fitness journey or help you reach even greater fitness goals. Avita’s Bootcamp will encourage a supportive group environment where you can track your improvements, cheer on your friends, and build your strength! The classes will include a wide range of full body workouts that incorporate body weight movements, free weights, cardio exercises, and other fun fitness challenges!
Starting on November 6th, Bootcamp will meet 3 days a week at 5AM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for a 1 hour class. For the week of Thanksgiving the class will meet for a BONUS class on Monday, November 20th.
Get to know Avita by checking out her Facebook page, “Avita Gandy Fitness”!
Watch this video for some tips on how to improve your bicep curls!
Vincent, a Rockport Fitness personal trainer, demonstrates how to perform a deadlift for Rockport Fitness member, Tanner. After demonstrating the exercise, Vincent watches Tanner’s technique to make sure he can perform the exercise correctly.
Certified Personal Trainer, Vincent, demonstrates how to perform a deadlift.
Certified Personal Trainer, Vincet, observes Tanner perform a deadlift.
Vincent’s steps for deadlifting are as follows:
1. Place barbell over mid-foot (DO NOT move the barbell)
2. Grip barbell just outside of hip width (DO NOT move the barbell)
3. Bring shins to barbell (REALLY….DO NOT move the barbell)
4. Chest out/up. By this point you should feel tension built up in your hands, back, glutes, hamstrings, and feet. (AGAIN!…DO NOT move the barbell)
5. Pull barbell up the body in a straight line. The path of the barbell should stay above mid-foot, all the way up and all the way down. The barbell should graze your shins and quads through the whole motion.